1660 Super: The GeForce GTX 1660 Super graphics card is up to 20% faster than the original GTX 1660 and up to 1.5X more quickly than the previous generation GTX 1060 6GB. Powered by NVIDIA Turing™ architecture and ultra-fast GDDR6 memory, it outperforms today’s most popular games.
Features of GeForce GTX 1660 Super
- Powered by GeForce GTX 1660 Super
- NVIDIA Turing architecture and GeForce Experience
- Integrated with 6GB GDDR6 1912 bits memory interface
- WINDFORCE 2X alternating cooling system with rotating fans
- 90mm fan with unique blades
- Backplate protection
- Core clock: 1830 MHz (reference card: 1785 MHz)
1660 Super Broadcast Like a Pro
Get a fantastic performance and image while live streaming to Twitch or YouTube? The 1600 super series features dedicated hardware encoders. It delivers improved efficiency over prior-generation graphic cards and is optimized for open broadcaster software.
Turning Shaders of 1660 Super
Features concurrent execution of floating point and integer operations, adapting shading technology, and a new united memory architecture with double the cache of its predecessor. Turning shaders enable excellent performance upsurges in today’s games. Get 1.4X power efficacy over the previous generation for a faster, more relaxed, and quieter gaming experience.
This powerful photo mode allows you to capture professional photos of your games like never before. Now you can catch and share your most intense gaming experiences with Super Resolution 360, HRD and Stereo images
Capture and share videos, screenshots, and live streaming with friends. Keep your GeForce drivers up today and enhance your game settings. GeForce experience lets you do it all. It’s an essential companion to your GeForce graphics card.
WINDFORCE 2X Cooling System of 1660 Super
The WINDFORCE 2X cooling system sorts 2x 90mm fans with single blades, alternating fan rotation, direct-touch GPU with composite air heat pipes, and 3D active fan function, which combine for efficient heat dissipation capacity for higher performance at lower operating temperatures.
The GIGABYTE “Alternate Spinning” is the only answer that can solve the trouble of neighboring fans. When end-to-end fans rotate in the same direction, the airflow direction between the fans is opposite, causing turbulent airflow and reducing heat dissipation efficiency. GIGABYTE rotates adjacent fans in opposite directions so that the airflow direction is the same between both sides, reducing turbulence and increasing air pressure.
Unique Blade Fans of 1660 Super
The airflow is divided by the triangular edges of the fan and is directed evenly by the 3D strip on the fan surface, effectively boosting the airflow.
3D Active Fan
The 3D active fan delivers semi-passive cooling, and the fans stay on when the GPU is under light load or low-power gaming. In addition, it allows you to play games silently when the system is weak or idle.
Heatpipe Direct Touch
A pure copper heat pipe design maximizes the direct contact area with the GPU and improves heat transfer. The heat pipe covers the VRAM through a large metal contact plate to ensure proper cooling.
Composite heat pipe
Composite pipes of thermal conductivity and phase transition control heat transfer efficiency between two solid interfaces, increasing the cooling capacity.
GeForce GTX 1660 Super Built Strong
Performance and Overclocking
The graphics card uses a better power stage design to permit the MOSFET to operate at a lower temperature, an over-temperature protection design and load matching for each MOSFET, and Ultra Durable certified chokes and capacitors for better performance and longer life.
Protection Black Plate
The back plate not only provides an aesthetic shape but also enhances the assembly of the graphics card to provide complete protection.
|Manufacturer||ZOTAC, ZOTAC Technology Limited, 19/F, SHATIN GALLERIA, 18-24 Shan Mei St, Fo Tan, Hong Kong, Ph. +852 2799 8011|
|Item Height||5.5 Centimeters|
|Item Width||28 Centimeters|
|Product Dimensions||22 x 28 x 5.5 cm; 730 Grams|
|Item model number||ZT-T16620F-10L|
|Memory Clock Speed||1785 MHz|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660|
|Graphics Chipset Brand||NVIDIA|
|Graphics RAM Type||GDDR6|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||6 GB|
|Graphics Card Interface||PCI Express|
|Are Batteries Included||No|
|Included Components||1 Unit of ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® GTX 1660 Super Twin Fan and User Manual|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Imported By||Supertron Electronics Private Limited|
|Item Weight||730 g|
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super: Price and Obtainability
- How much is it? MSRP is listed at $229 (about £180, AU$330).
- When it was released. In October 2019
- Where to buy it from sellers in the US, UK & Australia.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super exists today at US$229 (around £180, AU$330). That puts the GTX Super at just $10 (about £8, AU$15) over the GTX 1660. But with faster GDDR6 memory, you get a significant performance boost for a small price.
Plus, it kind of pushes the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti an extra point at this price point. You can get a similar act with the GTX Great but less for $50 (about £40, AU$70). We would have optional the GTX 1660 Ti a few months ago without thinking about it, but with the GTX 1660 Super, this card doesn’t have an existing reason anymore.
- You want a 1080p game at 60 fps
- This is the best 1080p graphics card for the value.
- You do not want to upgrade also much hardware
- The GTX 1660 Super’s power consumption isn’t low, but it’s lighter than most other options on the market, allowing you to get by with a sub-500W PSU and a PCIe 3.0 motherboard.
- You are on a budget
- If you don’t have much money, the GTX 1660 Super is a great way to apply for some cash.
Do not buy if…
- Force radio type or DLSS
- With no radio cores pulling or tensioning, this card has some of the latest gaming technology to skip.
- Make room in your budget for the best card for you
- The GTX 1660 Super is an excellent choice for gamers on a tight modest, but if you are not counting every penny when buying a graphics card, try stepping up to the RTX or AMD RX 6000 series cards if possible.
- You want to run a lo.t of shows
- The GTX 1660 Super has only one DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort input (one) and no USB Type-C. So if you want to run a lot of displays, you won’t be able to do this with this card.
If you see for the finest graphics card for 1080p gaming, the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super is it. The original GTX 1660 was now one of the best cheap graphics cards for budget builders, and Nvidia has improved it. Unfortunately, Nvidia’s Super series has been hit and miss – with the RTX 2080 existence a famous flop – but we can’t endorse the GTX 1660 Super enough.
Finally, 1080p is the most popular resolution for PC gaming, and most people spend their money on graphics cards in this price range. And even after the release of the AMD Radeon RX 5500, Nvidia still dominates this part of the landscape, and it’s not hard to see why.